The sun has set on the Speechmatics web portal
At Speechmatics, we are committed to providing the highest quality products and services to our customers through new technology and product innovation. To do this, we know that technology and products must evolve to continue to meet the demands of our customers.
We have removed our web app service which is no longer supported. This was a difficult decision, but it will allow us to direct efforts to new and exciting services.
What does this mean for me?
- Contracted partners and customers – This will not affect Speechmatics contracted partners who do not use the credit purchase system or who use the V2 service. For more information about our latest services and what this could mean for you in the future, please reach out to your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This V1 service is no longer available or supported – The sun has now set on the transcription web portal (app.speechmatics.com) and the V1 API (api.speechmatics.com).
- Credits – All credits have now expired, and new credits can no longer be purchased. If you have any additional questions around this please contact the Speechmatics support team.
- Data – Media data on the V1 cloud service is never stored more than 7 days. This means that (in accordance with GDPR) no user data will be retained within the cloud service for a period any longer than this time.
How to transcribe files now this service is no longer available?
- Partners – You can still benefit from Speechmatics transcription through one of our partners. The Speechmatics partner marketplace will show you a range of partners powered by Speechmatics that can help you with your transcription needs.
- Use our latest API – Want to remain working directly with Speechmatics and use our latest cloud service? Get in touch for more information on using the API-driven V2 cloud service which includes our most recent language packs and features. Our sales team will be happy to help.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Speechmatics support team who will be happy to help.
The Speechmatics Team